Choose "Threshold" if you want to identify your body's threshold. You will need a treadmill or a stationary bike.
The mobile app will guide you through the protocol below.
- Start cycling on a stationary cycle ergometer at 30 W for 3 minutes
- Increase the wattage by 30 W every 3 minutes
- Cycle until you absolutely can't push any further (when you reach voluntary exhaustion)
- Start by running on a treadmill at a very slow pace for 3 minutes
- Increase the speed by 0.5 mph every 3 minutes
- Run until you can't push any further (when you reach exhaustion)
Choose "Interval" Mode if you plan to do a workout with high-intensity bursts of 2 minutes or under followed by a recovery phase.
Choose "Endurance" Mode for anything else.